Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Due to Popular Demand...

After a bad day, I gave in and made some muffins to lift my spirits.  I had found this recipe years ago.  The recipe was a basic muffin recipe with lots of variations. I printed all of them out and laminated the page.  I made up muffin mix packets and took it all to the beach for a singles beach weekend.  Apparently laminating the page makes you OCD.  My friends teased me about it.  But I have yet to lose it or ruin it.

Making the muffins brings back great memories of trips to the beach.  And makes me long for days spent in the water and grilled fresh off the boat shrimp.

After posting on Facebook that I was making the muffins, several people asked for the recipe. So due to popular demand:

Preheat oven to 375
3 oz semisweet chocolate squares
1/2 cup butter
heat in microwave until melted, stirring frequently

Mix together chocolate mixture
2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup Nutella

Spray muffin pan with Pam, pour batter into pan so they are 3/4 full. Before putting into oven drop 1 tsp Nutella on top of each muffin. Bake 25 minutes (I had to bake them for 30). Cool and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment